Reflections on 2013
So 2013 was a pretty good year for me in terms of development. I feel as though I made some decent things and accomplished several of my goals.
- I Posted here 25 times
- Finshed 2 Ludum Dare Games, one of which finshed in the top 10 in several categories and was #14 overall
- Officially finished and sold my first game (get it here: A Game of Numbers)
Basically since the release of AGON, I’ve been a little burnt out and haven’t done much development, but that’s been changing recently as I’ve been kinda getting the itch to start working on something again. I’m not really sure what it will be, but I have lots of ideas that I would like to play around with.
Goals for 2014
I enjoy setting goals as they do a good job keeping me motivated and focused on tasks I want to accomplish.
- Post on this blog 36 times – It’s only 3 times a month, so it shouldn’t be that hard
- Participate in 2 more Ludum Dares – I enjoy them and they are good learning experiences and great opportunities to experiment with new ideas
- Release something for a mobile OS
- Finish another game
- Get better at art
Not a huge list, but definitely pretty ambitious.